In this video we share with you some of the important guidelines and suggestions shared by the council CISCE for writing answers in your ICSE and ISC English Literature Exam.
- Study the texts in detail.
- Avoid ready-made notes and summaries.
- Underline/ highlight relevant lines, passages, images, usage of words.
- Discuss, plot, theme, characterisation in the texts.
- Learn epithets to describe a character.
- Prepare analysis of all characters.
- Practice substantiation of points.
- Identify what the question requires and answer the question not around the question.
- Do not write in a haphazard manner and do not write sketchy answers.
- Discuss the central idea and the writer’s/poet’s purpose in the literary texts.
- Learn to compare, contrast, analyse and make cross references.
- Learn time management so that adequate attention is given to all the questions.
- Identify important lines in the texts which can be quoted to enhance your answers.
- Learn to maintain proper sequence when you are describing an incident or commenting on the development of the relationship between two characters.
- Read the text in such a way that not only do you understand what the writer is trying to say, but you can also develop a point of view.
- Try to present your answers properly with attention to spelling, punctuation and grammar.