Below mentioned are few of the important piece of advice shared by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations for students appearing for their ICSE Physics – Science Paper 1 examination. I hope the students find this beneficial.
Suggestions for students:
- Use the reading time of 15 minutes judiciously to make a proper choice of questions from section II by reading the requirements of the question carefully supported with a high level of concentration.
- Avoid writing answers which are simply a repetition of the question. Instead be specific about the key word in that statement.
- Students must not leave any topic for option. All topics are covered in section I which is compulsory.
- Avoid changing the order of sequence of questions and numbering system.
- Handwriting should be neat and legible.
- Learn the principles, laws and definitions accurately.
- Ray diagrams and the other diagrams need to be practiced periodically.
- While writing answers it not only important to cover all relevant points but to present them in a proper sequence.
- While solving a numerical it is advisable that the formula needs to be written in the beginning. Essential steps need to be shown and final answer needs to be expressed along with a proper unit. Avoid computation at the first step; let it be plain substitution as the marks are awarded for correct substitution.
- Be regular in your study habits. Complete your syllabus well in time. A thorough revision of all topics is all time important.
- It is advisable to solve previous year’s papers in writing.
- More emphasis should be given on writing rather than on memorising.
- For speed in mathematical calculations; it is advisable to learn tables up to 30, know squares up to 30, cubes up to 15 and basics of fractions and decimal.
- It is better to inculcate the habit of underlining the important points or key words in the answer.
[Note: Don’t forget to share these resources and links from our website in your social networking sites with your friends and followers.]