Below mentioned are some of the important pieces of advice shared by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations for students appearing for their ISC English Literature – Paper 2 examination. I hope the students find this beneficial.
Suggestions for students:
- Read the prescribed texts thoroughly and carefully with special attention to theme, mood characterization and plot development.
- Identify and if necessary, underline or mark important portions in the context of plot, theme, characterization, philosophy, authorial comment and so on.
- Do not depend on ready-made notes or answers – instead, try to develop an independent viewpoint.
- Practice writing long answer questions.
- Practice time management while writing your answers.
- Focus on central themes and ideas in the texts while writing your answers.
- Focus on important lines and conversations so that quotations can enhance your answers.
- Incidents must be learnt and remembered in the correct sequence.
- Learn to read questions carefully, paying special attention to key words.
- Read questions carefully so as to understand what is being asked. Answer all parts of the given question.
- Refrain from writing summaries for each answer.
- Substantiate the points written by you in your answers with close references to the text.
- While answering Question 1, give precise and to the point answers.
- Pay attention to language and try to avoid linguistic errors.
- Always substantiate observations made in your answers with quotations or references to the texts. Refer or quote extensively from the text to support your assessment or point of view.
- Avoid long rambling introductions in your answers.
- Try and answer the question asked and avoid giving generalized answers.
[Note: Don’t forget to share these resources and links from our website in your social networking sites with your friends and followers.]